Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Random Rant

I have been an e-reader convert for years now. I love having all of my books at my fingertips and the ease of shoving them all into my oversized purse. While I will never give up DT (dead tree) books fully, I'm usually seen with my nose in a nook. Until today that is.


Note the alive, vibrant, working nook.

As a book lover, I tend to spend a lot of free time reading. As a therapist, I spend a lot of my working time talking. So, when I have a lunch break, sometimes I turn anti-social and check out by spending my hour reading and living in whatever fictional world I'm currently visiting. This works great most of the time. The problem arrises when I don't get much of a lunch break so I go two or three days without reading and I am re-reading the Harry Potter books which are hardback (aka not on my nook.) This creates the perfect storm of not charging my nook, because I assume it has it's charge since it hasn't been used in the last few days, and not looking at it for an extended period of time, which is not common. Alas, 20 minutes into my lunch hour, I got this:

Dead nook.
What a bummer! And of course I don't carry DT books around with me so I was stuck with no book to read during lunch. Very depressing. My question is, what drained the nook in two days without any use? It must have been angry with me for not using it... Ok, random rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment