Wednesday, July 2, 2014

July 2014 Reading List

It's officially the middle of summer and good ole' 


That means it's time for another round of reading goals. But first, our recap!

Re-read: 
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- I'm still amazed at the epicness of this series and this book. Loved it!

Read: 
Feed

Didn't read:
The First Warm Evening of the Year- I actually DNF'd this one. This would be one of maybe 3 DNF books in my entire life. About 30 pages in, I decided that life is too short to read crappy books like that and quit. So I attempted, and could have read if I didn't mind being miserable, but chose not to.

Overall, I read all of my books (other than the DNF but I'm not holding that against me) and reviewed almost all of them as well. Pretty good! I also had time, for the first time in months, to read books not on my TBR shelf. To clarify, all of the other books in my library I obviously intend on reading, but haven't officially added to the TBR list on goodreads. If you remember, my monthly goals are pretty much only pulled from this list so I can try and make a dent in it this year. For next month, I have the following lined up:

Real books

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya SisterhoodLittle Altars Everywhere

 Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
This movie is phenomenal and I always wanted to read the book. 

I bought this set recently and since they're both pretty short, they're both going on the list of real books. 




E-books
The Girl You Left Behind
Gated (Gated, #1)

Don't know much about this one but summary looks interesting.


This will be my first Jo Jo Moyes book and I'm excited!




HornsHelter Skelter: The True Story of the Manson Murders
I don't know a lot about this story but am looking forward to this one, even though it's sure to be dark. 

I'm a huge Stephen King fan, let's see if Joe can follow in dad's footsteps. 




Heard lots of good things about this one in the blogosphere!

I'm not ashamed to admit I like Dan Brown but I haven't read any of his books in a long time. The last Robert Langdon I read was probably 4 years ago. 




So I have 8 books lined up for July and I'm pretty excited about of them. Bring on the books!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment