Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Gift


Title: The Gift
Author: James Patterson
Date read: June 18, 2013
Series: Witch and Wizard #2
Summary: When Whit & Wisty were imprisoned by the wicked forces of the totalitarian regime known as the New Order, they were barely able to escape with their lives. Now part of a hidden community of teens like themselves, Whit and Wisty have established themselves as leaders of the Resistance, willing to sacrifice anything to save kids kidnapped and brutally imprisoned by the New Order. But the One has other plans in store for them: He needs Wisty, for she is "The One Who Has the Gift." While trying to figure out what that means, Whit and Wisty's suspenseful adventures through Overworld and Shadowland lead to a jaw-dropping climax and conclusion: the highly-anticipated fulfillment of the heart-pounding opening prologue of book one...The Execution of the Allgoods. goodreads
Review: I knew exactly what to expect with this book so I’m not sure why I was so disappointed. This is the second book in the Witch and Wizard series which is one of James Patterson’s young adult series. I’ve read the Maximum Ride books which is very similar to this. I know to expect two page chapters, kids rebelling against the adults, and the theme of “kids can make a difference.” For some reason though, I just wasn’t interested in this book. I got sick of the siblings getting caught and then escaping over and over. I don’t feel like anything really happened in this book to carry the story along. It’s not often I give up on series, but I’m pretty sure this is the last Witch and Wizard book I’ll read.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment