As you probably know, the ladies over at The Broke and The Bookish host a weekly meme and when I'm feeling like it, I participate. Definitely doesn't happen weekly but when I'm inspired, I do. Originally, I was less than inspired with this prompt but the more I thought about it, the more I realized I do actually have a bookish bucket list. I'm all about goals remember?!?!
My Bookish Bucket List
1. The bookish thing that I have wanted more than anything for as long as I can remember is to have my own library! This blog is even inspired by my love of libraries. My family had pseudo library growing up but it was mostly a mess and not my idea of a "real library." What is a real library you ask? See below.
|National Library of Prague|
|Biltmore House Library. This is my favorite library I've ever actually been in and exactly what I picture for my dream library.|
These images just make me swoon. And yes, I know I'll never live at the Biltmore but the husband has promised me a library and that is one I'm going to hold him to.
2. Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I'm a die hard Potterhead and the fact that this place exists and I haven't been, is very upsetting. I need to go but a part of me worries that it won't be all I have imagined in my head (it can get crazy in there sometimes) and I'll be disappointed. I still plan to go but that little seed has been planted and I have to admit that I worry about it a little bit. Sidenote: the husband has promised this too. He is also a Potterhead and the promise was probably made more for himself than for me but sometimes, he just gets me.
3. Read Stephen King's oeuvre. Isn't that a fancy word for complete works?!? There are a lot of author's that I would like to do this for (Ahem, Diana Gabaldon) but I feel like his books are so varied and I've enjoyed so many of them that I would really like to do this.
4. Own a first edition of Atlas Shrugged. I recently read this book and fell in love. I have highlighted the crap out of it on my nook but I'd really like a first edition of it. Or any book really...
5. Go to an author's signing. I have one signed book in my collection and I ordered it online so it doesn't even count. I never hear of author's I'm interested in coming to my town (which is really a city) but I would love to attend a book signing!
6. Own a bookstore. This probably stems from #1 but I have always wanted to own my own store. I know that financially, it's not really a good investment and that small bookstores are probably on their way out (pour some out for our fallen homies) but it's still a dream. I want to be Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail minus the store closing, dead mom, and Fox books.
7. Read my entire TBR list. This one is probably never going to happen... at last count it was hovering around 250. The problem is that I'm constantly adding to it so it's like a never ending goal. But maybe I'll put a cap on it (like books added up to 2014) and get through them all one year just to feel like I've done it.
8. Visit more bookish places. I would love to go to Scotland or Guernsey (settings of two of my favorite books) or more famous libraries. I just feel like there are more bookish places that exist that I would enjoy even though I don't really have specifics.
9. Own all of the original Nancy Drew Mystery Series books. My mom handed-down her Nancy Drews to me when I was younger and I just fell in love. It was a much simpler time when Nancy was around but I really connected with the stories and characters as a little girl and it meant the world to me that they were my mom's. She actually has most of them but I would like to complete the collection in the 1966 editions.
10. Pass on my love of reading to my children. Every once in a while I can convince my husband to read a series but he's not as bookish as me. I got my love of reading from my parents and it's something special to me that I would like to continue with my kids. There will be a lot of books in our house!
I'll be linking up with TBTB and you should too! Do you have any bookish goals?!?!