Friday, February 28, 2014

March 2014 Reading List

Does it amaze anyone else that it's already (almost) March? I feel like the last two months have flown by! But since today is the end of February, it's that time again for a monthly reading list. Wooo, get excited!

First, let's recap February. Really, I'd prefer that we didn't but I don't think I'll be able to avoid it. I sucked in February when it came to my reading and I'm not totally sure why. I may have gotten too cocky in January with my list because I finished by about halfway through and I just expected too much this month. It also didn't help that the two non-ebooks that I chose totaled 1,200+ pages but I was just so excited to read both that I went for it. I also had a slump with reading dedication this month. I was reading my favorite books but I wasn't getting much reading done. Towards the second half of this month I found myself preferring to just watch a movie rather than reading which is weird but whatever. Not dwelling. Here's the ugly Truth:

I read:

The Good Father
The Last Little Blue Envelope
The Innocents (review is coming)

I re-read

Outlander- I'll probably review but it was even better than the first time!

Didn't Read:

In The Woods
The Leftovers

Currently reading:

Red Seas Under Red Skies- I may finish this one tonight but as of this post, not finished

Ok, so it's not as bad as it could have been but damn, I hate not hitting goals! So let's go ahead and set some more, shall we?

For March I'm going to keep the same format and but aim for 8 books this month. I really do think February was a fluke (plus it's a short month!) and I think I will read more than 8 in all actuality.

Real Books

17571564
2890090

 The Republic of Thieves (Gentleman Bastard #3)


Oh this has been long awaited!!!

 Hyperbole and a Half

I bought this book for my husband over Christmas and he has finally relinquished it to me!

E-books

10762469237209

 In The Woods


Holdover from last month

The Leftovers

Also from last month




All the Summer Girls
Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)

Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles #2)


I read the first book and was pleasantly surprised (movie sucked though!)


All the Summer Girls




The Astronaut Wives Club: A True Story

The House GirlThe Astronaut Wives Club

This is a true story and I think it is going to be so interesting!


The House Girl

Katie over at Words For Worms has chosen this for her next book club and I'm finally going to get to participate in real time. Looking forward to it!



And that's what I am looking forward to in March. Hopefully I get to all of them. Setting these goals really gets me excited for what I'm going to read next so hopefully it will cure me of my slump as well.

In other exciting news, tomorrow is my 6 month anniversary! Technically that doesn't qualify for the "anniversary" word (which my husband reminds me of repeatedly) but I'm counting it. Can't believe it's already been 6 months. I'd have to say, they were pretty easy when it comes to married life so here's to looking forward to the next 6 (and 6,000 more.)

What are you planning on reading in March? Read any of these?

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! So excited to have you join in with the Fellowship in March!

    ReplyDelete