Friday, September 12, 2014

Quarterly/Book Riot Subscription Boxes

I'm sure most of you are familiar with subscription boxes but what you probably don't know is that I'm a sucker for them. I was one of the original Birchbox buyers as well as an early Stitch Fix  lover (ps that is my personal stitch fix link so if you buy from it, I get credit. I highly recommend it ;). ) So of course, when I discovered Quarterly and that Book Riot was a curator, I had to try it. 
via
This is what I got for my first month. Three books and a handful of bookish stuff. Super fun! 
Soon after this, Book Riot launched their own subscription box and I jumped ship from Quarterly: Book Riot to Book Riot: The Riot Read

I've received two months of the Riot Read so far and it is way more my style! It's $30 a month for a new hardcover and some extra info via Book Riot. Yes, I could easily buy a $30 book on my own but I'm always looking to expanding my reading and a new book delievered to your door each month is awesome! The Riot Read has already impressed me twice and I'm anxiously awaiting this month's. First month, I received my first Rainbow Rowell book, Landline, and I loved it! The second month I received Land and Love of Drowning which is one I've never heard of but am looking forward to. 

Book haul from both services so far

I recommend both of these subscription boxes for different reason. The Quarterly one is more expensive but you get three books (or at least I did) plus lots of bookish stuff. Riot Read is only one book, but it's a hardcover, and if you don't need the bookish stuff, you still get a new read each month for a cheaper price. 

Do you subscribe to any boxes?


No comments:

Post a Comment