Link up with The Broke and The Bookish
Ten Five Characters I Would Want With Me On A Deserted Island
1. Jamie Fraser from Outlander: Yes, I love my husband but he isn't a book character so all bets are off and I would pick this ginger over anyone else. Not to mention his sexy, manliness and his swoon-worthy accent (which is obviously the main reason for my pick. That man can ravish a woman with the best of them!), but he was a Highlander. Dude would know how to survive, keep warm, and pass the time ;-)
2. Hermione Granger from Harry Potter: First of all, she knows everything about everything. Second of all, she can do some serious spells that could keep us alive and fight off angry animals. And last but definitely not least, we know the bitch would bring great books.
3. Locke Lamora from The Lies of Locke Lamora: Once again, the magic factor plays a part. I'm all about survival, people. But I also like his snark so our days would be filled with witty banter.
4. Scarlett O'Hara from Gone With the Wind: You can say a lot about Scarlett but you have to give her credit for one thing, girl is a survivor. If she could make it through the war with Tara intact, I think she'd help me survive an island. Plus, when we are bored, we can sit in the corner and talk shit like classy southern belles do.
5. Verity from Code Name Verity: Once again, this is one tough chick. I think she would help me survive anything that came our way and plus, she's an awesome best friend and everyone needs one of those.
I'm going to stop there because these are the first ones that really jumped out at me and I'm not going to fill up a list with second-tier characters because, who wants to bring second choice people with you to a deserted island?!?! Not this girl. So here are my 5 solid characters!