Monday, October 28, 2013

Four Past Midnight Mini-review #2

Stephen King is one of my favorite authors and this time of year, I can't get enough of a good thriller. Luckily, I had this grouping of four of King's novellas already on my nook so I didn't have to look very far to satisfy my cravings. I'm going to do the review for this book a little differently. Since it's actually four small books (about 200 pages each), I think I will do mini reviews for each and then a summary at the end. Changing things up around here, look out!


Four Past Midnight Title: Four Past Midnight
Author: Stephen King
Date Read: October 17, 2013

Secret Window, Secret Garden

Summary: Recently divorced writer Mort Rainey is alone at Tashmore Lake--that is, until a figure named John Shooter arrives, pointing an accusing finger. goodreads

Review: Unfortunately, this is one of those cases where I saw the movie, before I read the book. I hate it when I do this because it ruins the book for me. Luckily, I hadn't seen this movie in a very long time by the time I read this book, but I remembered the overall gist of the twist. King does a good job of blurring the real and the dream/unreal/fantasy lines again. It makes the reader question with the characters what is actually going on which I believe adds to the thriller. I noticed a lot more coincidences while reading this book that I don't think I would have caught had I not seen the movie. I loved seeing how the "coincidences" played out and the characters started to discover them. Very cleverly done!

No comments:

Post a Comment