1. I got called out! An author requested that I review his book of poems because "I like all genres and will read anything." Turns out, that's not necessarily true. Poetry! That is my one exception. Poetry is not for me. I don't get it, I don't enjoy it, I can't review it. I guess I'll have to amend the "about me" section to reflect this. Thanks for finding the loop hole!
2. Goodreads is currently holding voting for the best books of 2013. Thinking that I read a lot and definitely have an opinion about books, I headed over the to exercise my right to vote. Lo and behold, I have not read a single book that is available for voting in the semi-finals. Not one! In any category!!! Granted, I'm currently reading one (thanks Doctor Sleep for helping me feel relevant) and I have a few on my TBR list but I couldn't vote because I hadn't read them. What am I doing with my reading life?!? This could be due to the fact that I rarely buy books that are brand new in hardback (with the exception of the recent Doctor Sleep purchase, ahem) and I have to wait for them to be available for free download from somewhere. I actually have a handful of these books available to me but just haven't read them. Enough excuses, I'm going to work harder to read more relevant books rather than just going down the alphabetical list in my nook for my next book. (Keep an eye open for those reviews...)
3. I added about 100 books to my TBR shelves based on the Goodreads nominations. No shame in my game.
4. I have lived in the South for the better part of my life and I have never read/watched Gone With the Wind. I don't even know the premise of the story other than Scarlett and Rhett are involved. Until recently, I thought Tara was a person. I know. It's shameful. But I'm currently remedying this situation and really enjoying GWTW so far. (So much for being more relevant...)
5. I still suck at Twitter. Even when I try.
What are your confessions? Bookwise or in general?