Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday



Top Ten Books I Would Recommend to my Sister


It's been quite some time since I did a TTT but I thought this topic was fun. I have a sister who is about 2 years younger than me, Amelia (or Amy) and to tell you the truth, we don't have a lot in common. We have gotten along much better since we've been in our 20s but growing up, we were more enemies than sisters. Now that we have a good relationship, I love talking with her and sharing different experiences. The one thing that has always set us apart is that I'm the book fiend while she is more creative and artistic. She likes to read but not as much as I do (most people don't read as much as I do...) but if she were interested in expanding her bookish repertoire, this is what I would recommend. And if you want more TTT, head over to The Broke and the Bookish to see what they recommended!

1. Harry is on my recommendation list first for everyone who ever thought they would like to read more books. I'm pretty sure my sister has read one or two of these but I would tell her to read them all! This series is something my dad and I have always shared and I would love or Amy to join in with us. 







685403 2. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon: This is one of my all time favorite series and another one I recommend to just about everyone. I think Amelia would enjoy this book and I'd want her to feel what it is like to be completely immersed in this fictional world and care so much for the characters. Plus, Jamie makes these big books worth it if nothing else. Swoon.






86678483. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness: This is a very fun fantasy book that is really well done. Amy read the Twilight series and I think this is so much better than that. Plus the sequel is out so the story doesn't have to end there!








8306857 4. Divergent by Veronica Roth: I love this series and it's different from the rest of the books because of the dystopian aspect. I think Tris is such a independent, admirable female lead which I think there can never be enough of. 








5598113 5. The Bridal Quaretet Series by Nora Roberts: This is one of my favorite romance series. It is also a series my mom and I share and like with Harry, I would love for Amy to enjoy this with us. 








18619684 6. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger: This is one of my all time favorite love stories. It's more serious than the fluffy romance novels of Nora Roberts but it is heart wrenching and amazing all at the same time. Plus the movie stars my fav Rachel McAdams. 







7250052 7. On Folly Beach by Karen White: I love the way this story is told through flashbacks and memories. It's also fun that it is set her in South Carolina where Amelia and I grew up. This is also on my recommendation list for my mom.








3063499 8. The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks: I think a lot of Sparks' novels are redundant and feel the same to me. This one had a lot of the same themes as his others but I enjoyed it so much more for some reason.







43641
 9. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen: I loved this book and the setting of it was unique which added more to it. I really connected with the characters and didn't want the book to end. 








19063 10. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak: This one would be the long shot. It's a beautiful story with amazing characters but it is a little more serious than my other recommendations. If Amelia were willing to give this a shot, I think she would love it (as would everyone else.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment