- I've been pretty slow with my reading lately and I'm not entirely sure why. I've found myself watching more TV than I normally do and I don't mind it to be honest. Usually, I have the TV on in the background while I read (or the husband does) and don't pay much attention to it, but lately I've been binge watching Friday Night Lights (re-watching and if you have never seen this, do yourself a favor and check it out on Netflix. I want to be Tammy Taylor and may or may not have a crush on Riggins) and that's distracting me from my reading. The hubs and I watched Django Unchained last night (way behind the times, I know!) and loved it but that was a solid couple of hours that I would usually be reading and instead I just passively watched TV. It was kinda nice and my reading goals are suffering for it. Let them suffer!
- Hubs and I are also trying to figure out summer vacation plans. We got married in upstate NY last summer and we vacation every summer with my family up there but this year, we are thinking we may miss the family trip and go on our own. This will be a new experience for us as a couple. I spent many a summer up there with and without my family so I'm used to it, but it will be first time that we'll go as our own little family. Cute, right?
- The reason our summer schedule is thrown off is because the hubs is looking for a job and we think he will try teaching high school science for now. He's not sure what he wants to do long term yet (possibly med school) but he just finished his Ph.D. in molecular and cellular biology so he is going to give this a try for now.
- Every day I get more and more jealous of all of my friends who are teachers and the fact that they have 10, 7, 12 days or whatever left in the school year. While you guys are beaching it and taking a break from all of your students, I'll be providing therapy to them all summer long. Every. Single. Day.
- Tomorrow is girls night and I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to some drinks with the girls. Cheers!
- I have car shopping on the brain right now and I've got my eye on one of these babies (but obvi used and a year or two old. Not rolling in it yet!) Panoramic sunroof? Leather seats? In dash navi with a rear camera? Can we say upgrade from my 1996 Ford Explorer?!?!? Come on new job for the hubs!
- I kind of enjoy rambling to y'all. Hopefully I'll come back next week for another edition. Thanks, Christine for the great idea!
What thoughts are on your brain this week?