Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A Rare Book Haul

As a self confessed bibliophile, you would assume I have "book hauls" all the time. Oh, I wish. The problem is a serious lack of income that I can dedicate simply to my obsession. This tends to result in a lot of library books and ebooks. I absolutely refuse to buy an ebook. If I'm going to spend money on a book, you can be sure that I am going to line my library with it one day. So, it is a rare occasion I actually have a book haul.
 
Luckily for me, I'm going on a semi-vacation tomorrow. What is a semi-vacation you ask? Well, it's essentially a 14 hour road trip to my favorite place on earth where I will spend the next five days meeting with wedding vendors and finalizing details. While there will be work (oh, will there be work!), I will also be at my favorite place on earth which may actually result in some time in the sun and on the water. *fingers crossed*
 
Which leads me to the necessity of a dead tree book. As you know, I'm a hard core Nook convert but my tablet is not so easy to read in the sun with my shades on. What is a girl to do? Obviously the answer is head over to her local B&N and drop some justifiable bucks. Here my friends, is what I got!
 
Sorry about the iPhone pic
 
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society- This book has been on my to-read list for awhile even though I'm not entirely sure where I heard about it. But it sounds like it involves WWII and books. Two of my fav subjects so I'm sure I'll enjoy.
Gone South- This was technically my "free" book because I had never heard of it before and needed a third book to get the deal. Being a girl in the South, I appreciate a good southern novel and a civil war era home.
Night Circus- Another one that has been on my TBR list forever. A love story set in a dark circus? What's not to like?!?
 
Now, my initial intention was to buy John Greene's The Fault in Our Stars. This is a book that has been talked about a lot and has rave reviews so I figured it would be worth the dollars. The problem is that it is currently only available in hard back which I did not think was necessary (no experience with this author and I may actual disagree with all the rave reviews then I have an expensive hardback I don't like. Not necessary.) Then I started slowly perusing for other options and of course I stumbled upon the
 
BUY 2, GET ONE FREE
 
table. I love a good deal and there were two books that were one my to-read shelf anyway so I decided to go for it. Yes, I ended up spending close to twice the money, but I have 3 BOOKS! (Anyone else use this weird logic when it comes to book buying?) Now I'm set for the entire weekend and can lay in the sun and read until my hearts content. If my vendors cooperate that is...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment