Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Bout of Books Update Day 1



 What's Bout of Books read-a-thon you ask?
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

Or you can check out my sign up post here.

* For some weird reason, blogger is not uploading any of my photos so check out the button over there ----> to see the pic I would have entered previously.


Day 1 was relatively successful. I got in a solid hour of reading and around 80 pages at lunch which helped me finish Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling (review to follow). Last night was super hectic but I finally settled down to start The Lightning Thief around 8. I may or may not have fallen asleep on the couch by 830 which puts me about a half hour and 80 pages short of my original goal. I knew this was a possibility but I'll try to catch up throughout the week. I'm going to let myself be a little flexible though because work is chaotic and it feels like wedding preparations will never end. I'll squeeze in time when I can!

UPDATE FOR  MON 8/20

Number of pages I read today: 125
Total amount of time I read today: 1.5 Hours
Books I'm reading: The Lightning Thief
Books I've read: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)
Challenges: Bookish Bucket List by Sarah Says Read
Social hours: Missed yesterday's, shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment