Top Ten Things That Make Your Life as a Blogger/Reader Easier
Linking up with The Broke and The Bookish for TTT
1. Goodreads: Where would I be as a reader without goodreads?!?! This is a great place to socialize about books but also discover new books to read. It's also a great place to keep track of everything that you have read so you don't have any unintentional re-reads. I can not praise goodreads more!
2. Other bloggers: I wouldn't even know where to begin or what kind of things to include on a blog if it wasn't for other people leading the way and letting me see how it's done.
3. Blogger: While sometimes I want to throw my computer against the wall because it won't do what I want, blogger makes it semi-easier to do this whole blog thing. It's a love/hate relationship.
4. My library: Thank goodness I live near a great, huge library. Not only do they have endless amounts of real books (i.e. non- ebook books), but they have a great ebook collection as well.
5. TUEBL: I know this can be shameful but this is a great website to try out an author that you are interested in that your library doesn't have (or the waiting list is 2 millions years long.)
6. Calibre: Since a lot of the books I read/own are ebooks, this program simplifies everything and keeps it in one place. I can load all of my books into and delete them off of my nook which frees up space (not that I have any problem with space and I think I have 300+ on my nook now) but doesn't delete them for good. Also keeps track of shelves and ratings and all kinds of other stuff. Download it!
7. Nook: I know I don't shut up about this little tablet but seriously, lifesaver. It is always in my purse and full of books I can't wait to read which allows me to sneak in a lot more reading time at random moments. It's also handy to have when you read those 1,000+ page books that are just a pain in the ass to lug around. Just don't forget to charge it :)
8. Family: My family is full of readers so they understand what it's like to prefer to read over any other activity sometimes and they don't judge me too harshly for it. Sometimes they are also good for a recommendation or two.
9. Writing prompts: Such as TTT! Sometimes I'm sure I can be redundant (Hello nook and harry potter) and the writing prompts allow me to add some diversity to my blog when I run out of ideas or only have reviews to post.
10. Followers: I LOVE hearing from readers of my blog. I'm not famous enough to have haters yet (I think that's when you've really made it) so I enjoy reading all of the comments. It lets me know that someone else actually stops by this blog of mine and gives me a chance to talk bookie things which is my favorite! It also helps keep me motivated to keep posting! Thanks followers!
Any tips for making my blogging/reading life easier? I can always use help!