Monday, January 13, 2014

Deadlocked


12381269Title: Deadlocked
Author: Charlaine Harris
Read: December 16, 2013
Series: Sookie Stackhouse #12

Summary: A young girl has died at a vampire party - and it looks as though her lover, Eric, might be responsible. Eric swears he didn't do it, the police don't believe him, and even Sookie isn't so sure. Nor is she inclined to take his word for it, not having caught him enjoying the victim's blood minutes before she was killed.

But something strange is going on. Why had Sookie been asked to come to the fateful party a few minutes early - just to catch Eric in the act? And why had the victim spiked her own blood before approaching Eric? Was it simply because she wanted to be irresistible, or was it something more sinister?

Sookie will have to find out ... but it's the worst moment to investigate, as her Fae family are having troubles of their own and Sookie is, inevitably, drawn in. And there is one last complication. The cluviel dor her grandmother left her. It will grant her one wish, which could fulfil Sookie's heart's desire. The only problem is, she still doesn't know what - or who - her heart truly desires ... goodreads

Review: Ok. I'm so over this series. I just feel like Charlaine Harris has dropped the ball. The only reason I'm reading still is because I'm already 12 in and I think there is only one more. I'm at the point though, where I don't care what happens. I still think Sookie is an interesting character/person and I really like the premise of the series but if Charlaine's heart isn't in it anymore, she should just quit. The last few books have felt like filler to get to the end. I'm ready for the end! Just bring it on already and wrap it all up! I'm also getting annoyed with how Sookie can't seem to stay out of trouble. I know some of the premise of the books is that trouble finds her but you would think by now the poor girl would have wised up. Sadly, that's not the case.

I'm sorry this is not a very in depth review but there wasn't much happening in this book. I've gotten to the point where I don't care what happens to Sookie and I don't care which vampire she ends up with. Ideally, I think she needs Sam but no one asks me. Despite my negative feels about this book, you can bet your ass I'm reading the last one. Did I mention I also own all 12? That means I'll also be purchasing the last one. I"m a freak.

No comments:

Post a Comment